Cooking Class and Lunch in Holly’s Kitchen
I’ve taught cooking classes in kitchens big and small, professional and non-professional (including a tiny and marvelous nook of a pie slice-shaped kitchen in my French country house), but my favorite place of all to cook is in my own gourmet, freshly renovated kitchen right here in Charleston, South Carolina.
Come play and learn with me. Learn to create dishes from my cookbooks, or fresh dishes inspired by the seasons. You decide what you want to learn, meal preferences, ingredients – the whole nine yards – and I’ll customize the menu and recipes accordingly. You want to perfect pie pastry and understand how to make the world’s flakiest short crust or an unforgettable sweet or savory tart? Understand how to prepare show-stopping eclairs and cream puffs, perfect a reduction sauce to rival a master chef, roast a chicken, braise a lamb daube, mash award-winning, best ever, better than grandma’s mashed potatoes? I’ve got you covered, often providing restaurant and prime insider Charleston destination tips along the way.
Not only do I teach valuable tips and culinary skills/techniques, I make the lessons and learning fun, and really something for you to enjoy and serve up over and over again for your own friends and family. Many of my students are visiting Charleston as part of a celebration – wedding anniversary, birthday, girls weekend – and almost always report the cooking class to be the highlight of their trip. I’m always a little sad to see them go.
During the class, I’ll prepare and teach you along the way how to re-create these dishes in your own home. Class size restricted (with some exceptions) to four persons. Class length varies from three to four hours.
Each course includes:
- Three-course post-class lunch or dinner of what’s been prepared during the class served at a beautifully appointed table in my home.
- Rates are $150 per person.
- Accept cash, checks and all major credit cards
- Transportation not provided, but Uber is super easy in greater Charleston and directions very easy to follow and just 10 minutes from downtown.
- I will work with you to customize a class around your needs and interests.
- I require a 20% deposit which will be retained if class attendance is cancelled 48 hours or less of scheduled class.
- For more details and / or to schedule a cooking class, please fill out the contact form below. I will respond at my earliest convenience. Thank you!